HireArt is looking to hire a Failure Analysis Technician to work on-site at our client's Mountain View campus on a contract basis. Our client is a leader in autonomous vehicles and is in need of a flexible problem solver to work directly with failure analysis engineers in support of new product development, as well as field returns.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Assist failure analysis engineer to determine root cause and corrective actions of field replacements.
- Support analysis of all failures seen on reliability test.
- Assist manufacturing quality and operations to understand fallout seen in assembly, burn-in, and installation to improve overall yield.
- Work with failure analysis engineer to support root cause identification for failures seen in manufacturing, field, and tests.
- Examination of samples using optical microscope, SEM, x-ray and other standard failure analysis techniques.
- Coordinating failure analysis activities with both internal and external labs.
- Perform failure replication test by using lab test equipment.
- Sample preparation for advanced failure analysis (disassembly, desoldering, potting, dicing, polishing, etc).
- Report failure analysis results to engineers and management.
- Failure analysis lab and equipment maintenance.
- Failure analysis sample tracking and archiving.
- Inspection of field replacement parts to look for unexpected defects.
- AA/BA degree in Engineering Technology and/or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience in a Failure Analysis, Reliability or Manufacturing Test Technician role
- Experienced with optical microscope, thermal camera, dye and pry, solder station, multimeter, oscilloscope, cross-sectioning
- Basic knowledge of analytical techniques (SEM/EDS, XRF, ion chromatography, FTIR, etc)
- Experienced with chemical handling, materials etching, decapsulation
- Basic data analysis and reporting abilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to complete tests and resolve problems in an unattended and timely manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to accept new tasks
Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with electrical and optical components and modules
- Experience with board assembly process
- Experience with electrical hardware and / or automotive components
- Familiarity with accelerated life test conditions and requirements