Expected Salary$40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
Standard Cognition is building AI-powered checkout for retail. Through deploying modern deep learning techniques, we are enabling autonomous checkout for brick & mortar retailers with our AI-powered computer vision platform.
We are looking for someone to take on data annotation and validation tasks to support our computer vision team and help train our machine learning algorithms. This is a full-time direct-hire position and is based on-site at our offices in San Francisco, CA.
As a Data Annotation Specialist, you will use a variety of internal software programs to mark objects, activities, events, or other items of interest in images and video.
The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, is comfortable doing repetitive work with data, and will be responsible for helping annotate large datasets for algorithm training. Duties also require providing feedback for improvements on tools and process, and on occasion, helping our field teams gather data onsite.
- Annotate and label image and video data via computer using various internal software programs.
- Attach metadata (comments, markups, etc.) to image data in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide constructive feedback to our engineers on tooling and processes for more efficient labeling, and to improve data quality.
- Maintain ownership of each annotation assignment, and respond to any changes in procedure and auditors.
- Evaluate metrics to help improve our productivity.
- On occasion, you will also be in the field collecting data. This would involve coordinating with our engineers for video recording at our lab to create datasets on human action recognition, and item recognition.
- Able to type at least 50WPM (ideally touch-typing)
- An excellent communicator
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Able to maintain sharp focus, even with repetitive tasks
- Willing to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Self-motivated to work independently, even with minimal supervision (training is provided)
- Some experience of similar activities would be a bonus, e.g. image segmentation and classification, data entry, etc.
Commitment: This is a full-time salaried position with Standard Cognition and is based in San Francisco, CA.
At Standard, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We are enabling autonomous checkout for brick & mortar retailers with our AI-powered computer vision platform. Since launching in November 2017, Standard has contracts with 4 global retailers and are in the process deploying our Standard Checkout solution across thousands of stores globally. https://standard.ai/
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.