Job DescriptionOur goal at Shift is to turn what is universally regarded as a burdensome life event into a delightful experience, and to bring trust and simplicity to the peer-to-peer used car market. We have 3 principles that drive our company forward: convenience, value, and trust.
Driver Operations Agents are part of our dynamic field operations team and are tasked with a variety of mission critical responsibilities:
- Delivering recently purchased cars to their excited new owners and ensuring their experience is delightful all the way to the end
- Picking up cars from sellers to transport to our recon center for inspection and processing prior to being listed
- Facilitating vehicle test drives and helping guide our customers through every step of their car buying experience
This position could be a good fit for you if:
- You’re looking for a solid opportunity to gain sales and customer service experience in an exciting and innovative start-up environment
- You’re a self-starter with a great attitude who enjoys solving problems and taking on difficult challenges
- You take ownership of your role and demonstrate your value in actions, not words
- You’re willing to put in the time and effort it takes to develop yourself and grow in your role
- You can think on your feet. You enjoy learning new things and can learn them quickly; change excites you
- You communicate clearly and you listen carefully. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re capable of successfully providing information in person, through writing and on the phone.
- Interest in customer service and connecting with people.
- Self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented and mature under pressure.
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, personable, and articulate.
- Savvy individual with a sharp eye for detail.
- You have a flexible schedule and are open to working nights and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to drive stick shift is strongly preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience is a plus.
- Some college is a plus, but not required.
What is Shift?
Shift is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming the buying, selling, and servicing of used cars into a technology-driven, hassle-free experience. With Shift, one of our friendly car enthusiasts will work as your personal concierge from start to finish, whether it’s bringing a test drive to your door or providing an instant appraisal for the car you want to sell. All of our cars pass a rigorous inspection and come with a seven day money-back guarantee. Financing is also provided on most vehicles. Basically, we save you money, time, and the aggravation of working with a used car dealer.
Who are we?
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.
Who are we looking for?
Brilliant people who work hard, have fun, and want to be a part of a company that is going to fundamentally change a $550B market. We’re building a lean, collaborative team that is respectful, supportive, and loves coming to work each day. If you like to solve big problems, take on big interest groups, and have a big impact -- this is your chance to get in on the ground floor.