Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$30.00 - $40.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping Tinycare find a hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and mission-oriented Operations Associate to own the full logistical operation of launching, onboarding, and managing new daycares as the company works to triple their daycare facilities in the next six months.
Areas of Ownership
- Space buildout: partner with interior design to manage sourcing and ordering physical furniture, toys, and supplies for each daycare
- Inventory management: Supports our inventory at our warehouses and ensures we have all the necessary products for every build out scheduled.
- Ongoing daycare operations: once new daycares are launched, own operations to ensure the highest quality care for infants/toddlers/preschoolers, ongoing support for our teachers, and peace of mind for parents. Projects include managing maintenance and tenant improvement requests in the East Bay.
Why consider this role?
- Growth Opportunities: You will be reporting directly to the Ops Manager. Other than the teacher team, we expect Operations to be the fastest growing team at Tinycare
- Ownership in Tinycare: Tinycare offers generous equity packages so all employees share in the upside
- Impact: Tinycare is helping solve the childcare crisis in America through increasing the supply of high-quality care, empowering educators to live in the communities they serve, and improving gender equality — you will be a key part of scaling our ability to serve more children & families
- Benefits: Health benefits, 20 paid holidays & breaks, 10 floating PTO days, sick days, and childcare benefits through Tinycare
The ideal candidate will be:
- Ready to Build: We are still a fairly young company with >50 employees, including our teachers. Much like the children we serve, many of our processes and systems are still in their infancy stage. There are innumerable problems we’ll still need to solve as we scale, and infrastructure that’s yet to be built. If you like more established companies, this role probably isn’t for you.
- Open to Change: Tinycare is a rocket ship that’s about to take off. We’ll be scaling nearly 10x this year, across our daycares, and teacher hiring. Our company culture and values will stay constant, but how we operate, will likely look very different 6 months, and a year from now. Not everyone is comfortable with change and that’s ok! But pivots are inevitable during hyper growth. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Solution Oriented: We’re not looking for people who only identify problems, but rather, people who are motivated to find the solution.
- Comfortable in the Uncomfortable: If you’re someone who needs structure or are looking for clearly defined day to day tasks, this may not be the right position. This isn’t an environment where someone is going to tell you what to work on each day. We define OKR’s, and everyone at Tinycare has a swimlane, but at such an early stage we’re frequently jumping in to help others, and assisting with tasks that may not be “in our job description.”
- Connected to the Mission: Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty goals of disrupting the early childcare industry. We’re looking for a team that will be motivated to achieve these goals.
- High output: Reliable. Strong decision-making. Doesn’t procrastinate.
- Detail orientation: extremely detail-oriented. Children’s lives are at stake. We have to be perfect.
- Solution-oriented: strong ability to identify a problem and can creatively problem solving in the moment.
- Systems Fluency: A clear understanding of excel and/or google sheets is your to stay organized and manage deadlines.
- Communication skills: excellent communicator in writing and verbally, able to express needs, manage conflict well.
- Cross-functional collaborator: team player. Empathetic. Able to work well with others and accommodate different work styles.
- Flexibility: willing to roll with the punches of an early-stage startup environment. Constantly looking to take in feedback and improve.
- Mission-oriented: passionate about our mission to improve quality and access to child development programs while elevating the status of early childhood educators.
- Able to use their own car (we’ll reimburse a per mile rate)
- Able to lift at 25 lbs.
- Familiar with using basic tools
- Previous operational experience supporting new facility launches
- Previous experience in facility maintenance
- Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation repair etc.
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position staffed through HireArt and based on-site in San Francisco, CA. This is open to all U.S.-based candidates local to San Francisco.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas and employ corp-to-corp.
Tinycare is building the future of childcare — a world where every child has a loving, safe environment to reach their full potential. Childcare in America is broken: 51% of America is a childcare desert. Childcare is more expensive than college in half the states. The average preschool teacher in California makes $37,000 per year. Without quality childcare, parents struggle to work, and ultimately our smallest children suffer in the most critical time of their lives (90% of brain volume develops by age five).
We solve these problems through a network of micro-centers, small Montessori & Reggio-inspired daycares serving 3 months - 5 years. During COVID, while 16% of daycares permanently shut down, we grew our number of locations 6X and counting with long waitlists.
Tinycare was founded in 2018 by a collective of passionate educators, experienced school network leaders, and innovators from Google, Bright Horizons, Rocketship Schools, Minerva Project, Teach for America, and more. We are backed by over 2.8M in funding, with a diverse network of top investors (50% female), including the founder of Blue Bottle Coffee, Bling (Techcrunch #1 most founder-friendly fund), the lead guitarist of Linkin Park, the co-founder of Away, the author of Lean Startup, and much more.