Location:New York, NY
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
HireArt is the standard for easy, ethical, professional contract employment. We're looking for a Finance and Payroll Manager to join our team. This is a full-time, on-site position at our New York City office.
We want someone who is sharp and conscientious to lead our payroll function, support finance, and be an integral part of our operations team, helping to provide our employees and clients with excellent hiring experience.
As we’re a rapidly growing team, we wear multiple hats, and we’re looking for some who’s methodical, analytical, and knowledgeable in payroll administration and regulations.
Payroll and employee engagement:
- Process weekly and off-cycle multi-state payroll for salary and hourly, full-time, part-time, and contract employees using the HireArt platform and ADP Workforce Now.
- Manage garnishments, support payments, and other withholdings.
- Process Federal, State, and Local tax information and work with ADP to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Manage paid time off (PTO) policies within the payroll system.
- Work with clients, account managers, and employees on employee onboarding, off-boarding, and benefit deductions.
- Provide audit reports for payroll and UI, WC, and health insurance.
- Oversee accounts receivable collections and accounts payable disbursements.
- Manage working capital in concert with the CFO.
- Manage insurance operations (e.g., Workers Comp, UI, Liability, Health).
- Work with the accounting team to produce statements and local, state, and federal filings.
- 2+ years’ experience with multi-state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll and accounting principles and Federal, State, and local regulations
- Strong Excel and G-Suite skills
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a huge plus
- Experience with QBO and Carta is a plus
- A problem-solver and critical thinker with the ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Salary + equity + benefits
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position based in New York, NY.
Founded in 2012, we're a modern staffing agency that uses work samples and video assessments to generate deeper insights and connect contractors to companies where they'll thrive. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.