HireArt is looking to hire an experienced Instructional Designer to work onsite at their client’s Portland office on a contract basis. In this role you will assist in the execution of training projects, including creating project plans, obtaining necessary data and content, and conducting train-the-trainer sessions.
The ideal candidate will be an instructional designer, not a content developer, and will be able to articulate the difference between the two. You will have previous instructional design experience as evidenced through a portfolio of original work and a well-devised method for defining outcomes and objectives for training projects.
- Assist training program managers with training needs assessments.
- Create and maintain project plans that clearly identify the project’s path and provide all the information needed by stakeholders.
- Work with subject matter experts to obtain data and content necessary to a project’s completion.
- Develop course content either independently or in collaboration with the training content team .
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions for trainers who will be using your material.
- Work with subject matter experts to get all training objects uploaded and configured in the learning management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar relevant field, or instructional design certification from a reputable organization
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design, with a track record of creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Extensive experience working with subject matter experts
- In-depth knowledge of learning theory and instructional design models
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Media Encoder, Audition, and Captivate
- Familiarity with working with a learning management system
- Basic proficiency in HTML5 and CSS
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Portland, OR.