Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$46.00 - $53.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a User Experience Researcher to solve business problems/enhance processes by implementing new methodologies, creating scalable tools, or advancing new frontiers.
All candidates must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. You must have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices and how/when to combine qualitative and quantitative methods. You should also be passionate about helping the company create simple, reliable, and private experiences that connect the world as well as understanding and improving how people communicate on its platform.As a User Experience Researcher, you will:
- Design and execute end-to-end generative and evaluative custom research to identify the needs of the company’s users.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies including, but not limited to, usability sessions, in-depth interviews, cart sorting, and focus groups (both remote and in-person) for existing and future products.
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as competitive benchmarking, survey sampling, and experimental design.
- Advocate for the needs of the company’s users across all levels of the organization.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops, and other creative approaches.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing managers, and engineers across several different teams throughout the company to ensure the research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product across its platform, providing a holistic view of its users.
- Meet needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicate and facilitate proactive collaboration and help bridge alignment within/across diverse teams.
- Communicate research insights and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to help foster empathy, elevate customer understanding, and help achieve product and business impact.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related field and 6+ years of experience in a product/user research setting OR Master's/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related field and 4+ years of experience in a product/user research setting
- Mixed method research or qualitative research experience
- Motivated to use creative, but rigorous, qualitative research methods with expert facilitation skills
- Demonstrated strong research skills, including research design, screening/recruiting, and study moderation, using both qualitative (IDIs, usability sessions, diary study contextual inquiry, etc.) and quantitative (competitive benchmarking, tree-tests, card sorts, surveys) methodologies and analyses
- Must have a high degree of expertise in using online research tools ( e.g., UserTesting, UserZoom, Lookback, dscout, Optimal Workshop) plus familiarity with working with research vendors
- Ability to work independently and meet ambitious deadlines to deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
- Ability to collaborate actively as part of a cross-functional project team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be comfortable working on high visibility projects and in largely undefined problem spaces
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must have conducted research in the US and international research outside of the US
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Business, Social Science or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a product/user research setting
- Ability to conduct research in Spanish
- Knowledge of mixed methods, with qualitative/quantitative research or applied qualitative/quantitative research, and the ability to combine qualitative/quantitative methods
- Advanced statistical analysis, survey design, and response effects skills
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Experience leading research programs that create a large impact on product decisions
- Experience in digital communication and/or social media apps
- Experience conducting research among African American and/or Latino populations in the US
- Experience conducting research with teen and young adult cohorts
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.