Schedule:Monday - Friday, 8 hour shifts between 10 AM and 8 PM ET, with occasional Saturday coverage
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping our client hire experienced and highly motivated Insurance Customer Service Representatives. This is an ongoing contract position based in our client's Tallahassee, FL office.
As an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you’ll provide high-quality support to policyholders and producers by answering policy questions and performing policy changes related to billing, underwriting, and general policy information.
The ability to handle a high volume of inquiries (telephone, email, chat) in a positive and professional manner and knowledge of insurance industry terminology, policy, and procedures are required for this role.
The ideal candidate can work independently, has a passion for helping others, and has the drive and desire to make significant contributions to the success of the company.
As an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Handle incoming service inquiries (calls, emails, web chat) from policyholders, agents, and producers.
- Complete outbound calls to policyholders, agents, and producers for needed follow-up.
- Process policy changes, including endorsements, cancellations, customer name changes and mailing address changes.
- Handle product eligibility and underwriting inquiries from producers.
- Answer questions about underwriting concerns related to home inspections and select property and liability hazards.
- Accept payments from policyholders over the phone.
- Perform manual address validations.
This is a full-time, W-2 contract position through HireArt. As a HireArt employee you'll receive:
- Employer-subsidized health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employer-subsidized life insurance
- Employer-subsidized short and long-term disability insurance
- A generous paid-time-off package
- Pre-tax commuter and healthcare spending
- 401K (optional)
- Monthly student loan contribution (if applicable)
- Academic focus in a subject related to insurance, law, policy, contracts, or similar, or professional experience dealing with insurance-related matters
- 2+ years of experience in a call center environment
- Knowledgeable in insurance industry terminology and procedures
- Comfortable handling a high volume of blended transactions (telephone, email, chat)
- Professional phone and people skills
- Computer skills in various applications
- Local to the Tallahassee area
- Experience in property and casualty insurance is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt. The position will be performed in-person in the Tallahassee, FL office. Training for this position will begin May 3, 2021.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.