Location:Austin, TX (Remote)
Expected Pay Rate:$58.00 - $78.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, PST business hours
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping Rover hire a Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure) to design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements, while using modern technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Python, AWS, Kubernetes and CloudFlare (with a heavy emphasis on hosted/cloud solutions).
Our client’s infrastructure underpins all systems and technology that allow pet parents and pet sitters to connect, communicate, and arrange care. Thousands of dogs (and cats!) rely on the company every day to ensure that our systems are stable, reliable, and performant.
The ideal candidate understands the gravity of that responsibility and is eager to work in a cloud-native environment to deliver on that promise. You’re a great teammate who can drive and deliver projects in line with the company’s core values and are comfortable working with agile development methodologies, which are constantly improving with retrospectives.As a Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure), you will:
- Provision, configure, and maintain cloud infrastructure defined as code.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of the company’s cloud infrastructure and systems.
- Enhance the company’s cloud infrastructure security protocols.
- Tackle problems across a wide array of services and functional areas.
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems.
- 3+ years’ experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (e.g. VPC, EC2, IAM, EKS, S3, etc.)
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Experience using Salt or Ansible for configuration management
- Proven foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, GitHub Actions, and deploying applications on AWS
- Strong bias for action and ownership
- Systems thinking (e.g. lifecycle, edge cases, failure modes, interactions etc.)
- Ability to debug problems at any level across the entire stack using a variety of visibility and monitoring tools and strategies
- Works to understand the needs of partners and customers
- Respect production environments and operate accordingly
- Experience with Kubernetes, ECS, and/or other container orchestrations systems is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote and available to all U.S.-based candidates.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our counterparts in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a phenomenal place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.