Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$73.00 - $84.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network hire an MEP Manager to aid in the review of design and construction projects across the company's North America and Latin America Regions. In this role, you’ll be an integral part of the projects team, reviewing MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) designs and looking for opportunities for improvement across a wide range of office and lab environments.
The ideal candidate has a design and engineering background and fully understands MEP. You’re detail-oriented, have a “get-things-done” attitude, adapt quickly, and have an understanding of proper-value engineering.As an MEP Manager, you will:
- Reconcile architectural design intent, site/building requirements and constraints, and constructibility concerns with the company’s best practices.
- Work with the company’s Project Management and Sustainability teams to evaluate feasibility of LEED certification and other sustainability criteria on a project-per-project basis.
- Collaborate with the company’s Facilities Operations team to define operating requirements, including aspects such as BMS, lighting controls, etc.
- Facilitate and attend project meetings/calls necessary to have full picture of topics that potentially affect integration of MEP equipment/infrastructure into new and ongoing projects throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Work with one or multiple MEP consultants to perform a thorough peer review of all technical drawings for individual projects.
- Attend culinary and specialty space coordination meetings to provide oversight on MEP systems, as necessary.
- In a phased project, assist in developing/implementing programs for temporary mechanical and electrical systems and/or the temporary use of permanent systems.
- Work with the Sustainability and Project Design teams to evaluate potential opportunities.
- Attend BIM coordination meetings, as necessary, to provide general oversight and direction and act as liaison between project and the company’s BIM team.
- Perform site reviews to ensure the quality of MEP installation.
- Selectively attend punch-list walkthrough with MEP sub-consultants.
- Arrange/lead special meetings, when necessary, to coordinate subcontractors’ shop drawings and address design problems with subcontractors and consultants, etc.
- Assist in value engineering (VE) process by evaluating alternative solutions proposed by the consulting team to ensure the company receives the best value.
- Review commissioning and closeout reports and assist with handover to the company’s Facilities Operations teams.
- Assist, as necessary, with MEP system start-up, testing, commissioning, and acceptance.
- Assist in establishing job close-out schedules and implement specific procedures for close-out, including submittals of as-builts, O&M manuals ,and owner’s training.
- Ensure the proper turnover of systems and documentation
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of MEP design and construction background (experience in an MPE design firm as a consultant working on design calculations/drafting is highly preferred)
- Background working with electric systems, rather than strictly electronics
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Experience with costs, reviewing drawings, and doing virtual walkthroughs of demonstrations
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience multitasking and overseeing multiple projects/teams in different time zones and regions
- Knowledge of mechanical, process piping, plumbing, electrical, and building control systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes, and safety standards
- Experience running meetings with multiple attendees and following up with participants for deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively with others of all levels of subject-matter understanding
- Highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios
Commitment:This is a full-time, 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in New York, NY or Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the New York Metro area and Bay Area. The role will require 20-40% travel within North America, subject to change.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.