We are a prominent VR Technology company based in Menlo Park, CA.
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about the emerging VR space, and is relentless at finding better, faster ways of getting things done.
We have first party apps which are utilities for viewing amazing videos and photos in virtual reality. Each of these products gets content from partners which we need to ingest and curate. The contractor will be responsible for using internal tools to help ingest photos and videos. Additionally, this individual will work with the videos product and engineering teams to organize workflows.
- Organize project requirements; ensure action items are clear, assigned properly, and actionable; schedule meetings to resolve ambiguities
- Maintain close communication with engineers to track team progress
- Communicate progress across organization, highlighting risks, concerns, and blockers
- Manage Q/A, triaging bugs with engineers; communicate with QA and delegate bugs to appropriate POCs
- Use internal tools to ingest content and curate the best content to users including 360 videos and Hollywood movies
- Maintain relationships with partners, including the movie studio partners and tech partners, answering questions and filling or delegating requests
- Onboard new studio partners with proper transfer and file formats
- Understand contractual obligations and ensure enforcement
- 3+ years of experience in project management, online operations, content ingestion, or digital video delivery
- Ability to quickly absorb training on product and tool functionality
- Persistent work ethic through repetitive tasks; strong attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to perform well autonomously
- Strong interest in quality and user experience
- Experience working with engineers
- Relationship management skills and ability to work within global organization
- Experience with Aspera or other high-speed file transfer software
- Basic knowledge of command line prompts