Expected Pay Rate:$115,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire a Trucking Compliance Manager to oversee FMCSA qualification and compliance, maintain driver operating logs, and ensure all electronic safety systems/processes are monitored and followed.
The ideal candidate will hold a CDL license and have 5+ years of relevant trucking compliance experience, including knowledge of FMCSA and/or DOT driver qualifications, and a background in transportation and logistics.
As Trucking Compliance Manager, you will:
- Maintain safety driver CDL qualification files and records
- Perform periodic audits of CDL files and log books
- Manage Drug & Alcohol testing program in compliance with FMCSA standards
- Implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including FMCSA and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Work closely with the client on driver compliance matters.
- Participate in new driver orientation and on-boarding processes
- Monitor all compliance items including DOT physicals, licenses, random drug screens, annual reviews, hours of service regulations to ensure adherence at every operation
- Oversee, develop, and execute the collision documentation process for all CDL operators in partnership with the Director of Safety & Compliance.
- Investigate and respond to any violations related on-road inspections, law enforcement interactions or any incidents involving our CDL driver employees.
- Respond to and document any workers compensation claims in connection to FMCSA operation and or CDL drivers.
- Update and monitor various compliance systems i.e. active MVR monitoring, Transdev Risk database, report files, and client shared compliance tooling.
- Partner with Training Manager and Safety Director to implement on-going training, classrooms and workshops in support of CDL operator development.
- Promote a positive, engaging and educational work environment with safety top of mind.
- Maintain confidential information
- 5+ years of relevant trucking compliance experience
- Experience in transportation and logistics
- Knowledge of FMCSA and/or DOT driver qualifications
- Working knowledge of safety & pre-inspection checklist apps/programs
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and/or G-Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to quickly and accurately respond to safety compliance issues
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret instructions, policies, and procedures
- Willing and able to travel outside of the immediate area (up to 30%)
- Current CDL holder
- Experience as a CDL school instructor
- Experience managing and or working with vendors and client partners
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Most work is accomplished indoors and in an air conditioned or well ventilated facility along with some work outdoors around the facility/operation.
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position based on-site in Dallas, TX requiring up to 30% travel outside of the immediate area.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time and be able to pass a drug screen and background check along with other testing related to job requirements.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.