Do you enjoy developing and testing vehicles? Are you a curious and independent problem solver willing to work hard to bring self-driving cars to the world? If so, this is the team for you.
HireArt is seeking a Vehicle Reliability Technician to work on-site at our client’s Mountain View campus on a contract basis. As part of the Reliability Team, you'll be responsible for instrumentation at both the vehicle and sub-system level and for data acquisition for a variety of vehicle reliability and durability tests (structural, powertrain, and environmental durability).
The successful candidate will have a broad background in automotive vehicle testing, a keen attention to detail and thrive on being hands-on. As the primary reliability and durability instrumentation technician, being a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities, organize workloads, and complete tests with minimal supervision is greatly valued.
- Install and setup test equipment and instrumentation and sensors.
- Perform on-site support and testing while monitoring and validating data.
- Support test activities including vehicle preparation and tear-down.
- Purchase, maintain and repair sensor library and coordinate calibration activities.
- Design and create custom brackets and fixtures.
- Be responsible for instrumentation vehicle.
- Provide hands-on mechanic or shop duties support during the various vehicle builds as needed.
- Assist with analyzing and reducing test data for test reports, and extrapolating test data as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of instrumentation and data acquisition experience
- Experience with data acquisition systems (SOMAT, LMS, Control Tec, NI, Dewesoft, etc.)
- Experience instrumenting various sensors (accelerometers, wheel force transducers, thermocouples, strain gauges, load cells, pressure transducers, torque, displacement sensors, CAN BUS monitors, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems with a variety of hand, power, diagnostic, and debugging tools
- Able read and interpret simple schematics and mechanical drawings
- Able to solder and build cables with knowledge of various connector types
- Experience with HV battery systems
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel (Up to 33%)
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Nice to have:
- ASE Certifications
- General automotive experience
- Knowledgeable in strain gauge, transducer, thermocouple application theory
- Software scripting experience (Python or equivalent)
- Ability to work overtime as requested
Commitment: This is a full-time, ongoing contract position based in Mountain View, CA.