Expected Pay Rate:$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire a Training Manager to review existing training programs and suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of transportation management and/or safety management experience.
As Training Manager, you will:
- Review existing and develop new training programs and curriculum and suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention.
- Manage the training schedule to ensure the most efficient use of trainer availability.
- Manage the training team, hire as needed, evaluate performance of trainers and supervisors, conduct performance improvement plan and discipline as needed.
- Manage the training pipeline, including upskill training of existing staff
- Forecast future training as there are fleet changes, mission additions, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry; to include content, appropriate training equipment that may be needed and locational needs for training.
- Identify problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Collaborate with and provides input on selecting vendors and third-party training providers to arrange training, as appropriate.
- Ensure that training milestones and goals are met while meeting operational needs.
- Ensure training compliance with state and federal regulations as well as Transdev clients.
- Monitor driver/operator qualification files.
- Ensure all locational TAS employees (including all active operators) are trained on all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform accident investigation and remediation training, enhancing/updating training as needed
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding the vehicle’s operations.
- Collaborate with peers to create and update policies related to training and operations.
- Report on training team performance and accomplishments.
- Communicate and collaborate with Transdev’s clients on training implementation.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to determine data accuracy/quality, communicate findings early, and support business initiatives.
- Understand and apply meaningful operations and safety performance metrics.
- Plan and execute events, safety meetings, accident review meetings, and safety celebrations.
- Develop and communicate informative presentations and strategies to gain understanding and consensus.
- Produce reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Hard Skills and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bachelors degree (preferred) in logistics, transportation, or related field
- 5+ years of transportation management and/or training management experience, additional experience preferred
- High proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs)
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred but not required)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of performance management/monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly DOT, OSHA and FMCSA standards preferred
- Capable of responding quickly and calmly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments
- Strong ability to analyze and identify risk trends, problems and solutions
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely face-to-face and through electronic communication
- Ability to listen effectively, demonstrate understanding, and clarify meaning for others
- Ability to analyze, define, diagnose, and resolve problems based on sound logic and rationale
- Ability to develop, coach, and mentor others including the ability to provide development experiences, advise, and teach to prepare others for effective job performance
- Ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team, including those holding opposing views and goals
- Ability to deliver results with self-initiative in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to lead and influence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 75 lbs. The ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions is required as well as the ability to use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and to adjust focus.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position, based on-site in Phoenix, AZ and is open to candidates local to the Phoenix area. This role may require domestic travel up to 20% of the time based on business need. Candidates must be available and willing to work weekends and holidays to support business needs.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants who are eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and background check. Transdev will also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.