Expected Pay Rate:$57.00 - $64.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a skilled and motivated Unity Prototyper who can work with a team of researchers building research tools and prototypes.
In this role, you’ll work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers and will have access to cutting edge technology, resources, and testing facilities.The ideal candidate will be someone who likes to learn constantly, build/share prototype software, and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies. They will also be someone who likes to collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions. As a Unity Prototyper, you will:
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to quickly create and iterate on Unity prototypes for user modeling, experimentation, and visualization.
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software.
- Build software, tools, infrastructure, documentation, and other systems that enable the team to be more effective and efficient.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience (not necessary if you have a strong portfolio)
- 2+ years experience developing prototype interactions, interfaces, and/or experiences in 2D or 3D using Unity and C#, as demonstrated in a strong portfolio
- Experience with standard software practices, including source control and unit testing
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively within a cross-discipline team environment
- Background working a tech or academic setting
- Experience with user-focused research in areas such as psychology, neuroscience, human factors, or UX
- Familiarity with applied statistics and data-driven approaches for optimization and modeling
- Experience with other programming languages in these domains, such as Python, Matlab and C++
- Experience building prototypes that use Thrift, ZMQ, or similar APIs, and connecting them to other components over the network
- Experience with front-end development using React.js
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week),12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.