HireArt is looking to hire a Content Specialist to work on-site at our client's Austin OR San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you'll write new articles and UI copy for help center and community forums to support product feature launches. You'll also play a key role in organizing content via information architecture best practices.
We are seeking a Content Specialist with a clear and direct writing style and experience writing user-facing support content. You are able to adopt brand voice and style, and are comfortable with data querying and content optimization.
- Develop new written content for help center and community forums to support product feature launches.
- Revise existing copy and information architecture to make educational and support properties more useful for customers.
- Help us maintain and sunset content as product and feature sets change.
- Participate in service/experience design sessions, helping us redesign the help center and community forums.
- Track content performance, including traffic, helpfulness, and resolution, and help us improve these metrics over time
- Improve organic search discoverability and performance via SEO best practices.
- Play a central role in organizing content via information architecture best practices.
- Postsecondary education relevant to content writing, or equivalent experience
- Experience writing user-facing support content for a tech company (help center, knowledge base, etc.)
- Experience with marketing writing (writing carefully, in a way that reflects positively on the brand for a mass audience)
- A clear and direct writing style
- The ability to adopt a brand voice and style guide in your writing, and to write within the guidelines of a content strategy
- The ability to tidily architect information to prevent redundancies
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Experience with SQL
- Experience analyzing content performance metrics, and using this info to inform content decisions
- Experience using customer verbatims to improve content quality
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position based in Austin, TX or San Francisco, CA.