Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$42.00 - $46.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:5 month contract
HireArt is helping our client hire an experienced Creative Producer, Software Audio to support their Interaction Sound Design team. As Audio Engineer, you'll be part of a team responsible for creating and maintaining the sonic voices for digital products across several platforms and surfaces.
The role combines an understanding of interactive sound design paradigms, operations and systems management, complex audio systems integration, audio pipeline production workflows, and project management.
In addition to technical expertise, the ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate closely with multiple team members, large product groups, and engineering teams while thinking deeply and creatively to create best-in-class sonic experiences.
As Audio Engineer, you will:
- Support teams in the development of complex audio systems in mobile, desktop, and first-party hardware environments.
- Assist in the preparation, delivery, and implementation of sonic experiences.
- Support ongoing Operations and QA initiatives while participating in ad hoc and scheduled testing cycles.
- Work with QA to investigate, triage, escalate, and follow up on issues reported within internal bug tracking systems.
- Maintain audio system and implementation regression tests.
- Establish and maintain technical best practices, including support documentation
- Contribute creatively and technically to define best-in-class audio experiences.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience in creative production in software development, with an emphasis on audio and audio integration
- History of supporting the needs of complex audio systems and production pipelines
- Experience testing and maintaining sonic experiences
- Solid understanding of DSP, audio synthesis, and digital audio concepts and formats
- Proficiency in Digital Audio Workstations (Pro Tools preferred)
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android operating systems
- Familiarity with QA, bug tracking, and triage processes
- Experience with program and task management tools
- Practical experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.