Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s fastest-growing rideshare company find a Data Engineer to build a scalable data platform. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ relevant experience, including with Spark, Hadoop Ecosystem or similar, and with a scripting language.
As Data Engineer, you will:
- Own core company data pipeline, being responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet rapid data growth.
- Evolve data model and data schema based on business and engineering needs.
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency.
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL).
- SQL and MapReduce job tuning to improve data processing performance.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Strong experience with Spark and Hadoop Ecosystem (or similar)
- Strong skills in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine, with the ability to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Proficient in at least one SQL language (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Comfortable working directly with data analytics to bridge business goals with data engineering
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt. This role can be fully remote and is open to U.S.-based candidates. This employment opportunity is W-2 only, we are unable to provide Corp-to-Corp hiring.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.