Aurora works at the intersection of rigorous engineering and applied machine learning to address one of the most challenging, important, and interesting opportunities of our generation: transforming the way people and goods move.
Founded by three of the world’s leaders of the self-driving vehicle industry, we design the software and hardware that will power the next revolution in transportation. We partner with others as we believe this allows us to move more quickly than any one company can move alone.
Aurora hires people who want to build the future of transportation. Each day, we experience the thrill of being on the front lines, testing revolutionary technology. The Autonomous Vehicle Operations Specialist will optimize operations for thousands of tests to ensure safety and provide valuable feedback to engineers that improves our product. If you thrive in an environment that changes everyday and love constantly learning, Aurora may be the place for you!
- Thoroughly understand how our self-driving technology works. Stay on top of countless daily changes, both big and small.
- Safely operate test vehicles for up to 10 hours a day to evaluate and help improve our technology. Consistently make exceptional judgment calls.
- Build processes & systems from scratch.
- Share detailed feedback on our technology & top priorities with engineers and managers.
- Be the voice of Aurora to self-driving enthusiasts & curious onlookers.
- Exceptional critical thinking. No roadmap exists. We create it together each day.
- Willingness to always be learning and excited to learn everyday.
- Safety first focus.
- Ability to monitor alpha software on a laptop and type in a moving vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written & attention to detail.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, not always planned far in advance. Overtime is required. Up to 25% travel.
- Your office is the vehicle. Expect to spend at least 80% of your time in our vehicles.
- Proven record of success thriving in a team setting
- 2-4 years experience in operations, technology, robotics, or automotive field. Does not need to be direct industry experience.
- Passion for vehicles and/or vehicle maintenance experience.
- Expertise in vehicle technology -- for instance, Solar Racing team member.
Working at Aurora:
Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to transportation, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next generation experiences in transportation. We're a growing team of incredibly smart and very fun people you'll likely enjoy being around.
Commitment: This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA and is a full-time, non-exempt position with Aurora.
Aurora has assembled one of the most experienced leadership teams in the space to go build the next leading self-driving vehicle company - including leaders from Google / Waymo, Tesla, Uber ATG, Apple, and several others to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology quickly and safely around the world. We are partnered with some of the largest automakers on the planet and funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.