HireArt is looking to hire a Photo Editor to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll evaluate, provide feedback on, and edit images submitted by photographers working in locations across the globe, ensuring photos meet project expectations and brand standards.
We’re seeking candidates skilled in end-to-end photo editing and related technical tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Aperture, etc.).You also possess exceptional interpersonal skills, are comfortable giving and receiving technical feedback, and can thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional startup environment.
- Evaluate photo submissions on the basis of exposure/lighting, composition, color balance, image sequence/layout, and attention to detail.
- Provide photographers with objective, technical feedback, and reject images that do not meet standards.
- Prepare final edits and lead reviews with key stakeholders, ensuring images meet project expectations and brand standards.
- Shepherd files from intake through final delivery.
- Archive imagery, releases, and contracts in Digital Asset Management system in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Track progress of each photo shoot, updating the team lead on regular basis.
- Photo-editing and post-production experience
- Experience in architectural photography or similar is ideal
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (or Aperture)
- Proficient in MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with people from various countries and backgrounds
- Comfortable giving technical photography feedback in writing
- Ability to coach photographers on shooting practices and style
- The desire and drive to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven startup environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally to improve content, tools, and guidelines
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
Contract: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in San Francisco, CA.