Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$60.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping a renewable nitrogen fertilizer production company hire a Power Electronics Engineer to play a central role in the design/development of its high-voltage power supplies and electrical subsystems for optimized/cost-competitive fertilizer production.
In this role, you’ll leverage previous industrial and/or academic experience in electrical engineering, high-voltage applications, power supply design, and general technology development to help improve the cost and energy efficiency of the company’s fertilizer production assets. This position will involve building, testing, troubleshooting, logging, and optimizing electrical subsystems for operation.As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will:
- Safely design and organize the fabrication of high-voltage power electronics for fertilizer production.
- Improve the design and performance of custom electronics, contributing to design reviews.
- Improve the efficiency of the company’s power electronics system for plasma production.
- Create and manage electrical subsystem BOM with version control and CAD coordination.
- Maintain data storage system for power electronics design files, models, and BOMs.
- Coordinate with company leadership to improve and build testing platforms.
- Contribute to the design, development, and scale-up of efficient nitrogen fixation systems.
- Bachelor’s in a relevant science/engineering degree (i.e. electrical engineering)
- 4+ years experience in high-voltage power electronics
- Power supply design experience
- Altium modeling and PCB design experience
- Hands-on fabrication of electronics boards and power systems
- C programming, Code Composer Studio, and CAD experience
- Versatility to thrive in a start-up environment
- Teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for high-impact, hard tech solutions
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA. It is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.