Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$68.00 - $78.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Art Director to work onsite at their client’s Menlo Park office on a contract basis. In this role you will contribute to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented art director with a concept-driven approach who understands how form influences function and is constantly striving for simplicity. You are an expert in your craft, with the ability to inspire and empower artists on a team to create their best work. You should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums and know how to work in product.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences.
- Oversee and guide work from communication designers and various creatives (internally and externally) and contribute to design work where applicable.
- Work in collaboration with product teams to absorb knowledge, define opportunities, and develop concepts and treatments to bring ideas to life.
- Work closely with product designers and content strategists to implement a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone, thinking about each project holistically.
- Deliver compelling visuals in various styles/mediums including illustration, photography, video, animation, or other media.
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style and approach.
- 5+ years experience as an Art Director at a creative agency or an in-house team, with high proficiency in directing illustration, animation, and design
- Knowledge of design principles related to branding, marketing, and publishing with understanding of UX design, digital product design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers
- Experience with content strategy, product design, and building visual systems
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, abstract concepts clearly and persuasively
- Ability to take design feedback and incorporate it quickly
- Demonstrated ability to create quality work in a fast-paced environment
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing, demonstrating dedication to design excellence in a variety of media, is required
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.