Expected Salary$45,000 - $65,000 per year
Job DescriptionSplitwise is looking to hire our first full-time customer experience team member in our Providence, RI office. The primary responsibility of this role is to make sure we deliver outstanding customer support to our users over email. Everyone on the team, from the engineers to the CEO, will rotate through as your helper, collaborating to fix bugs and answer challenging technical tickets (we believe that support is so important that everyone at the company should help regularly, in order to hear feedback from customers). This role requires empathy, patience, and excellent writing skills. The role will also give you the opportunity to work directly with software engineers and product managers, and to learn not only about customer support but about how to work with a tech team.
After a few months of doing this, you will become an expert at Splitwise and will know better than almost anyone the flaws and bugs in our service. The very important secondary responsibility of this job is to use that knowledge to collaborate with our team and help us fix and improve Splitwise. This will require analytical skills, energy and enthusiasm for technology, as well as the ability to learn on the job. As part of doing this role, you will learn a lot about product analysis and product management, quality assurance testing, and how to manage the entire customer-facing workflow of a startup. Potential promotions within Splitwise could be to Customer Experience Lead, QA Tester, or Junior Product Manager, depending on your interest and skills.
This job reports to the CEO, Jon. You’ll work alongside the entire team as they rotate through their support shifts, and also collaborate with our product manager Zoe to plan and test new Splitwise updates that help our users. We're currently a small team of just 7 people – you can make a huge difference.
WHAT YOU'LL ACTUALLY DO AT SPLITWISE:
- Respond to customer emails and tickets each day
- Test app updates to ensure that problems are fixed
- Analyze and summarize common support issues and trends each month
- Do proactive research on which areas of Splitwise are working well and which need help
- Collaborate with the team to respond to user feedback and improve our app
- Help define the customer experience process at Splitwise as the team grows
POTENTIAL PROMOTIONS FROM THIS JOB (DEPENDING ON INTEREST/SKILLS):
- Head of Customer Experience, managing other CX teammates
- QA Analyst
- Junior Product Manager
RequirementsTHINGS ABOUT YOU:
- You enjoy writing and talking to other people and helping them solve their problems.
- You have good intuition for what may confuse users and how a product can be improved.
- You write emails that are clear and concise.
- You are energetic, empathetic, thoughtful, and analytical.
- You are engaged with your work and learn quickly from experience.
- You take initiative on your own and have good organizational skills.
- Valued but not required: past customer service experience, a passion for technology, experience with quality assurance or testing, fluency in more than one language, a related academic degree
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to interpret customer feedback and data to help improve a product
- How to do user research and quality assurance for a technology company
- How to work with software engineers to plan and build new features
- How a small, transparent start-up operates
We are an equal opportunity employer that cares deeply about diversity in tech, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds. We want to build a team at Splitwise that reflects the real world. We hope that team includes you! Join us in our mission to reduce the stress that money places on relationships, and help millions of friends and families around the world.
- Competitive salary ($45k-$65k depending on experience)
- Equity/stock options
- Fully-paid health care (100% for you, 50% for dependents)
- 6 weeks of vacation per year
- 12+ weeks of parental leave (either parent, or adoption)
- Flexible hours (generally 10am-5pm)
- Free parking or transit benefits
- Sponsored tickets to industry conferences
- Choice of work laptop and desk
- Three paid team meals each week
- Dental and vision plans available
- Relocation benefits