Location:Los Angeles, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$47.00 - $50.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:3 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Senior UI/UX designer to help drive the digital creative and user experience (CRUX) vision for the portfolio of the company’s financial websites.
In this role, you’ll work closely with cross-functional teams to modernize and simplify user interfaces/experiences, while bringing functional clarity and emotional impact. User interaction, product, services-design experiences, and visual storytelling are all invaluable in this role.
You’ll also help figure out the company’s design systems, map out customer and decision-making journeys, define taxonomy/navigational principles, produce highly engaging and functional wireframes and prototypes, conduct user testing, and build out the sites’ design system and component libraries.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of digital best practices, responsive design, and an unquestionably keen eye. All candidates should have the ability to thrive and create a vision for work in a fast-paced, iterative, unstructured environment. You should also have an appetite for learning, innovation, and be comfortable working outside your primary skill set/comfort zone.As a Senior UI/UX designer, you will:
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas.
- Deliver on daily business needs and collaborate on strategic, visionary work.
- Work with the Marketing team’s Creative Director, Product Marketing, and Product Design to showcase product UI and features in compelling ways, translating product experiences into assets for use across marketing assets including web, video, and paid media.
- Develop/implement user experience principles, establishing best practices and optimizing the sites’ UX based on user data/research aimed at driving brand awareness and product adoption.
- Provide hands-on design and user experience expertise/strategic thinking.
- 2+ years professional UX/UI design experience (in-house or agency environment with demonstrated success in consistently delivering high-quality creative assets is a plus)
- Strong portfolio that showcases advanced skills in web/app design and demonstrates a user-centric problem-solving approach
- Advanced software knowledge of Figma and Sketch is required (e.g. knowledge of InVision, Adobe Suite, After Effects, Principle, Framer, Lottie and/or other comparable applications is a plus)
- Experience in graphic design and UX for iconic and/or innovative global brands
- Ability to display a cohesive understanding of principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design
- Thought leadership—a strong point of view, ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment, creative ideas, and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
- Cross-functional capabilities—a proven track record of developing cross-functional relationships with other creatives, marketers, communications, legal etc.
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, interpersonal, and interdepartmental
- Ability to communicate design principles clearly and succinctly
- Independent, self-motivated thinker who can solve complex business problems via data driven visual solutions
- Experience creating on B2B and B2C website experiences that meet the need of global brands and local customers from around the world
- Experience working within the Financial Services and FinTech industries
- Experience creating logged-out website experiences (Marketing) as well as logged-in experiences (Product) for customers
Commitment:This is a full-time, 3-month contract position staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.