HireArt is looking to hire a UX writer to work on-site at our client's San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with a close-knit, collaborative group of writers and designers, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process.
We're looking for a UX writer with experience in crafting in-product writing, e.g. settings, empty states, error messages, navigation, button copy, and place holder copy. Experience in marketing writing is also helpful, such as for landing pages, automated emails, or banner ads.
The day-to-day for this role is varied: everything from coming up with experiments and drafting copy variants, to defining content strategy and crafting in-product writing for end-to-end experiences across web and mobile. You'll work with teams designing and learning quickly, always with the goal of helping people create and share amazing work.
- 1 year of hands-on, professional experience in UX writing (e.g. settings, empty states, microcopy, button copy, etc.)
- Experience working with a team of designers, engineers, and product managers
- Skills to craft copy for a broad range of product surfaces
- Familiarity with industry writing standards and best practices
- Gifted cross-functional collaborator, able to give and get feedback with ease
- A portfolio/samples of work
- 1+ year of relevant experience (UX, Technical Writing, Product Writing, etc.)
- Marketing writing experience
- Experience writing copy for landing pages, triggered automated emails, and/or banner ads
- Experience working on growth campaigns to increase usage or engagement
- Familiarity with design tools Sketch, Figma
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position with potential for extension based in San Francisco, CA.