Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, PST business hours
HireArt is helping Tinycare find a a driven, customer-centric, and organized Customer Success Associate with incredible follow-through to advise and guide potential families in the enrollment process.
In this role, you'll be responsible for owning all top-of-funnel enrollment efforts, including, but not limited to, responding to inbound leads, following up with families, fielding any inquiries via phone/email, maintaining CRM data, and managing our inbound sales systems.
To be successful as a Customer Success Associate, you should be able to assess the eligibility of prospective customers for specific programs, make recommendations,
and maintain meticulous records. An outstanding candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and have a high standard of accuracy.
How you know you are successful
- Decreasing response time over time
- Short timespan to fully enroll a site
- Influencing family happiness & satisfaction across our Tinycares
- Positively contributing to our organizational culture
Areas of Ownership
- Front-line customer service: You will be the primary point of contact for all prospective families. This includes handling all inquiries and providing detailed information about Tinycare’s requirements, processes, and policies.
- Maintaining CRM data: For each communication you have with a potential family, you will take diligent notes in our CRM and will be responsible for updating and reviewing this data over time.
- Providing guidance and recommendations to potential families: In this role, you’ll be trained on all things early childhood development and childcare. Many of the families you will speak with are first-time parents and will need support navigating childcare for the first time. You’ll provide guidance on which program will suit them best, loop them into licensing and teacher updates, and ensure they feel fully confident about Tinycare as the best fit for their child.
- Corresponding with potential families: Whether it be email, zoom, or phone, you will be the primary contact for potential families prior to them enrolling their child. This is a high-volume customer service role, with sometimes upward of 300 emails/calls coming in every week.
- Conducting information sessions: Leading Zoom info-session with prospective families when needed.
- Managing our sales platforms: Tinycare uses several platforms for marketing to and attract prospective families, including Yelp and Winnie.com. You’ll be responsible for following up with inquiries via these tools and tracking inbound leads.
Why consider this role?
Growth Opportunities – This is an opportunity to get your foot in the door at a fast-growing startup and gain exposure to sales, marketing, and operations. As you ramp, you’ll take on new tasks, like building automated marketing campaigns and developing our enrollment processes. Our goal is for this role to be a jumping-off point into sales or any other team in the business you become interested in.
Impact – Tinycare is helping solve the childcare crisis in America through increasing the supply of high-quality care, empowering educators to live in the communities they serve, and improving gender equality — you will be a key part of scaling our ability to serve more children & families
- Customer Facing Experience: This is a great opportunity for recent graduates who have 1+ years of intern and/or professional experience working in fast-paced support, customer service, or sales roles
- Technical Aptitude: Can easily pick up new tools and systems and have previous experience using tools like GoogleSheets, GoogleDocs Excel, Asana, Trello, and Salesforce in your personal and/or professional life
- High Volume Follow Through: Proven performance responding to a high volume of customer emails, calls, tickets, or inquiries.
- Growth Mindset: You love getting feedback and growing as a professional. You’re eager to learn and strengthen your skills as you develop in your career.
- Deep customer empathy: ability to deeply understand and connect with the experience of parents with young children, what they care about, and how to best serve them
- Mission orientation: passionate about our mission to improve the quality and access of child development programs while elevating the status of early childhood educators.
- Communication: you have impeccable written and verbal communication
- Time Management: knowing who to follow up with and when, and how to prioritize a myriad of tasks
Ready to help us move through our growing pains? If so, you should:
- Be ready to build: We are still a fairly young company with >50 employees, including our teachers. Much like the children we serve, many of our processes and systems are still in their infancy stage. There are innumerable challenges we’ll need to overcome as we scale and infrastructure that’s yet to be built. If you like more established companies, this role probably isn’t for you.
- Be open to change: Tinycare is a rocket ship that’s about to take off. We’ll be scaling nearly 10x this year across our daycares and teacher hiring. Our company culture and values will stay constant, but how we operate will likely look very different 6 months and a year from now. Not everyone is comfortable with change, and that’s ok! But pivots are inevitable during hyper-growth. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Enjoy problem-solving: We’re not looking for people who only identify problems, but rather people who are motivated to find the solution.
- Be comfortable in the uncomfortable: If you’re someone who needs structure or is looking for clearly defined day-to-day tasks, this may not be the right position. This isn’t an environment where someone is going to tell you what to work on each day. We define OKR’s, and everyone at Tinycare has a swimlane, but at such an early stage, we’re frequently jumping in to help others and assisting with tasks that may not be “in our job description.”
- Be connected to the mission: Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty goals of disrupting the early childcare industry. We’re looking for a team that will be motivated to achieve these goals.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas and employ corp-to-corp.
Tinycare is building the future of childcare — a world where every child has a loving, safe environment to reach their full potential. Childcare in America is broken: 51% of America is a childcare desert. Childcare is more expensive than college in half the states. The average preschool teacher in California makes $37,000 per year. Without quality childcare, parents struggle to work, and ultimately our smallest children suffer in the most critical time of their lives (90% of brain volume develops by age five).
We solve these problems through a network of micro-centers, small Montessori & Reggio-inspired daycares serving 3 months - 5 years. During COVID, while 16% of daycares permanently shut down, we grew our number of locations 6X and counting with long waitlists.
Tinycare was founded in 2018 by a collective of passionate educators, experienced school network leaders, and innovators from Google, Bright Horizons, Rocketship Schools, Minerva Project, Teach for America, and more. We are backed by over 2.8M in funding, with a diverse network of top investors (50% female), including the founder of Blue Bottle Coffee, Bling (Techcrunch #1 most founder-friendly fund), the lead guitarist of Linkin Park, the co-founder of Away, the author of Lean Startup, and much more.