Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$60.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping a renewable nitrogen fertilizer production company hire a Chemical Engineer to play a central role in the research/development of the company’s chemical reaction, capture, and production subsystems for optimized/cost-competitive fertilizer production.
In this role, you’ll leverage previous industrial and/or laboratory experience in chemical engineering and general technology development to help improve the energy efficiency of the company’s fertilizer production assets. You’ll also build, test, troubleshoot, log, and optimize chemical and mechanical subsystems for operation, primarily in the company’s R&D warehouse.As a Chemical Engineer, you will:
- Safely test chemical reactors for fertilizer production.
- Build chemical gas and liquid manifolds with appropriate detection and measurement systems.
- Improve the efficiency of specialized absorber columns for nitrogen fertilizer production.
- Record, process, analyze, and report results to company leadership.
- Coordinate with company leadership to improve and build testing platforms.
- Contribute to the design, development, and scale-up of efficient nitrogen fixation systems.
- Help to maintain, fix, and upgrade the company’s systems.
- 4+ years experience in chemical engineering R&D
- Bachelor’s in a relevant science/engineering field (i.e. mechanical/materials/electrical/chemical engineering)
- FTIR, gas phase analysis, reaction modeling experience
- Chemical modeling experience or knowledge
- Chemical reaction, toxicity, and safety experience and knowledge
- Versatility to thrive in a start-up environment
- Teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for high-impact, hard tech solutions
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA. It is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.