The Membership and Chapters Coordinator is an administrative position providing support to members and chapters of NYSVMS.
The position reports to the Executive Director and the primary responsibilities are to administer the annual membership drive, provide regional chapter support with online event registration and venue booking, ensure CE compliance according to state requirements, and deliver CE credits. Training and guidance will be provided by the Executive Director and Meeting Planner.
The jobholder will be a member of a small team, and will be expected to contribute to a range of other activities at peak times of the year, and to answer general telephone and email inquiries. A primary requirement for the job is to be able to work well alongside our team.
- Chapter event coordination
- Membership dues campaign coordination, including invoicing and payment processing
- Coordination of CE course approval, CE certificate distribution, and training of CE reviewers
- Other administration tasks and duties as required by chapters and staff
- Daily database administration and maintenance
- Strong detail orientation and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of customer service skills and ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people, including medical association members, officers, volunteers, vendors, and staff
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office. Training will be given on the YourMembership Association Management System.
- Association or non-profit experience is a plus
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
NYSVMS is a not-for- profit, professional membership association representing the veterinary medicine profession in New York state.