Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$42.00 - $46.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Technical Specialist, Interaction Sound Design to support the team responsible for creating and maintaining the sonic voices for its products. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in creative production in software development and a background supporting complex audio systems.
As Technical Specialist, Interaction Sound Design, you will:
- Support teams in the development of complex audio systems in mobile, desktop, and first-party hardware environments.
- Assist in the preparation, delivery, and implementation of sonic experiences.
- Support ongoing operations and QA initiatives while participating in ad hoc and scheduled testing cycles.
- Work with QA to investigate, triage, escalate, and follow up on issues reported with internal bug tracking system.
- Establish and maintain technical best practices, including support documentation.
- Contribute creatively and technically to define best-in-class audio experiences.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years professional experience in creative production in software development, with an emphasis on audio and audio integration
- History supporting the needs of complex audio systems and production pipelines
- Experience testing and maintaining sonic experiences
- Familiarity with QA, bug tracking, and triage processes
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android operating systems
- Solid understanding of DSP, audio synthesis, and digital audio concepts and formats
- Experience with program and task management tools
- Proficiency in digital audio workstations (Pro Tools preferred)
- Practical experience using Microsoft office tools such as Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with sound tools and/or implementation of AR/VR audio design across first party and third party engines (Unity, WWise, Spark AR, or Audio middleware)
- Familiarity with Android layer scripts and source code control systems
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.