Expected Pay Rate:$50.00 - $60.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find an Environmental Compliance Specialist to provide general environmental compliance support to onsite. The ideal candidate will be a capable project manager with senior-level experience in environmental compliance, preferably in tech, biotech, or manufacturing.
As Environmental Compliance Specialist, you will:
- Write technical documents and reports including but not limited to compliance assessments/audits; applicable environmental regulatory requirements for new sites; policies, procedures, and management systems; regulatory plans; and annual reports.
- Identify follow-up corrective actions to close gaps found during compliance assessments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- As directed, prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Develop environmentally applicable requirements and calendars to support clients' understanding of requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, chemical, engineering, or a related science or engineering required
- 7+ years relevant experience with environmental compliance experience, preferably with exposure to the tech, biotech, or manufacturing
- Recognized EHS auditing qualification and/or experience
- Understanding of and experience with Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements
- In-depth understanding of the relevant local, state, and federal regulations and how they apply to specific industries
- Project management experience, preferably including multi-discipline and multi-site projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Familiarity with USEPA and Washington state environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes
- REM, CHMM, PE, or similar certification
- Master's degree or equivalent
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.