Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$46.00 - $49.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Technical Specialist (Audio Operations & QA) to join its Interaction Sound Design team, which creates and maintains the sonic voices for the company’s products across several platforms and surfaces.
In this role, you’ll combine an understanding of interaction sound design paradigms, operations/systems management, complex audio systems integration, audio pipeline production workflows, and project management.
All candidates must have the ability to collaborate closely with multiple team members, large product groups, and engineering teams while thinking deeply and creatively to create best-in-class sonic experiences.As a Technical Specialist, you will:
- Support teams in the development of complex audio systems in mobile, desktop, and first party hardware environments.
- Drive in the preparation, delivery, and implementation of sonic experiences.
- Support ongoing Operations and QA initiatives while participating in ad-hoc and scheduled testing cycles.
- Work with QA to investigate, triage, escalate, and follow up on issues reported via the company’s internal bug tracking system.
- Maintain audio system and implementation regression tests.
- Establish and maintain technical best practices, including support documentation.
- Contribute creatively and technically to define best-in-class audio experiences.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- 3+ years professional experience in creative production in software development, with an emphasis on audio and audio integration
- History supporting the needs of complex audio systems and production pipelines
- Experience testing and maintaining sonic experiences
- Familiarity with QA, bug tracking, and triage processes
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android operating systems
- Solid understanding of DSP, audio synthesis, and digital audio concepts and formats
- Experience with program and task management tools
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.