Expected Pay Rate:$45.00 - $51.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find an Engineering Program Specialist, Hardware to help oversee operations related to the design and release of AR/VR products. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years' experience as an engineering program specialist and excellent cross-functional communication skills.
As Engineering Program Specialist, Hardware, you will:
- Coordinate with other teams to create and handle bill of materials, part numbers, and release design and drawings documentation.
- Create purchase requisitions, maintain invoice tracking and goods receipts against spend, and forecast budget.
- Assist with third-party contractors, including adding vendors to system and guiding them through onboarding steps.
- Assist technical program managers in driving cross-functional sign-off process.
- Communicate with vendors regarding PO/invoices, material requirements, and delivery schedules.
- Support build matrix for engineering builds, working with engineers and vendors to manage day-to-day build activities and ocumenting and communicating local build progress.
- Travel to support proto-builds at contract manufacturer local and overseas, as needed.
- Review clear-to-build reports, resolve material shortage issues, and follow up with technical project management and engineering teams.
- Create, handle, and process engineering change orders, manufacturer change orders, and deviations work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Track shipments and work with CM on shipment schedule from factory.
- Work with internal device distribution and security team for prototype allocation/tracking and recall/rework.
- Part and assembly-level tracking (e.g. CAD release, 2D drawing release, and revision tracking) as needed.
- Change control board tracking; issue organization and tracking; production requirement document coordination; and KPI task tracking as needed.
- Create and maintain product development process templates as needed.
- 2+ years experience as an Engineering Program Specialist in consumer electronics environment
- Experience in new product introduction hardware development and collaboration with contract manufacturers in Asia
- Experience in creating and tracking bill of materials and build matrix by working with engineering, technical project managers, and product life cycle team to complete design releases and clear-to-build tracking.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills across time-zones and management of shifting priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, physics, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Program Specialist in a consumer electronics environment
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Seattle, WA.