Expected Salary$88 - $92 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Product Designer to work on-site at our client's Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. An ideal candidate is experienced and skilled in product thinking, interaction design, and execution. Given a high-level problem, you're able to deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision.
- Work with Product Manager to define and design the product experience.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for users.
- Develop a firm grasp on the medium you are designing for, and make effective use of prototyping tools.
- Design new patterns or introduce new standards in your work that may later become adopted by others.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Work with engineers to ensure a high quality deliverable.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Partner with Project Managers, engineers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- May represent your product team to executive leadership or in design forums.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in visual, interaction, and product design
- Experience with front-end programming
- Experience in a leadership role with accountabilities for the design quality of a team
- Experience mentoring junior designers or interns, or participating in design team initiatives (interviewing, recruiting, mentoring workshops, design standards, improving design tools, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate design decisions
- Strong leadership and partnership skills
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction design
Commitment: This is a 6-month contract.