HireArt is looking to hire a Logistics and Compliance Coordinator to work on-site at our client’s Redmond office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll support teams dedicated to ensuring the quality and compliance of a dynamic consumer hardware supply chain for grounding-breaking AR/VR products.
As Logistics and Compliance Coordinator, you’ll be the primary liaison between suppliers, procurement, shipping, receiving, and logistics and trade core teams.
We’re seeking candidates with experience in a logistics environment and in international shipping and receiving. The ideal candidate is also highly motivated, able to proactively execute against daily logistics and trade requirements, and comfortable collaborating and communicating with diverse teams in a fast-paced, tech-driven environment.
- Engage suppliers to coordinate import/export details and ensure proper compliance.
- Submit HS Classification and ECCN requests for incoming and outgoing products.
- Relay HTS determinations in a timely matter for vendors to use with imports, brokers to use once goods arrive, or for outbound shipments on behalf of other teams.
- Engage with freight forwarding teams for coordination of imports and exports, liaising between suppliers and forwarding agents and adhering to standards of timeliness, trade compliance, and confidentiality where necessary.
- Capture trade data for consolidation into a master item list.
- Work with brokerage teams to validate importation details that are specific to item classifications.
- Ensure proper logistics flows are adhered to throughout the import/export process, working with engineering teams, procurement teams, trade and legal teams, and other requesting parties to maintain the communication process from end to end.
- Where necessary, work with additional trade teams to validate compliance and ensure due diligence for projects which have an extra layer of complexity requiring further coordination (i.e. non-certified countries, local restrictions, regionalization, FTZ’s, non-IOR recipients, 3rd party IOR and brokerage, dangerous goods handling, high security/sensitivity item handling).
- 2+ years experience within international shipping and receiving environments
- Familiarity with FedEx, DHL, UPS and other couriers
- Experience in preparing shipments for exports via third-party forwarders
- Familiarity with HS codes and awareness of ECCN
- Experience adapting to challenges, providing support, and guiding communications in a constantly changing environment
- Organized and able to work well against deadlines
- Able to multitask and assist multiple sites and departments with shipping needs
- Able to communicate via internal company resources communication tools
- Proactive in identifying and communicating solutions and improvements
- Experienced using MS Excel to drive data
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Able to maintain flexible hours
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing, long-term contract position based in Redmond, WA.