Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:5 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s fastest growing ride share company find a Data Engineer to help build a scalable data platform. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant engineering experience and will be adept at working cross-functionally to bridge business goals with data engineering.
As Data Engineer, you will:
- Own the core company data pipeline and be responsible for scaling data processing flow to support rapid data growth.
- Evolve data model and data schema based on business and engineering needs.
- Implement systems-tracking data quality and consistency.
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL).
- Perform SQL and MapReduce job tuning to improve data processing performance.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem or similar (e.g. MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase, Parquet, etc.)
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle, etc.)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Strong skills in scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Comfortable working directly with data analytics to bridge business goals with data engineering
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.