Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$100.00 - $150.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the fastest-growing rideshare company find a Backend Software Engineer to write code, participate in reviews, and help lead projects. The ideal candidate will have 9+ years’ engineering experience, including experience with Python or similar and working with distributed systems.
As Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Help define architecture based on technology and business needs.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution.
- Unblock, support, and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results.
- 9+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming language, preferably Python
- Experience working with distributed systems and databases (relational or NoSQL)
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable, and clear design documentation
- Ability to operate independently including designing, implementing and testing
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt. This role can be fully remote and is open to U.S.-based candidates.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or hire corp-to-corp.