HireArt is looking to hire a Dangerous Goods Junior Logistician to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll support the ordering, receiving, shipping, and compliance of Dangerous Goods for the virtual/augmented reality industry.
You’ll work cross-functionally with teams such as Procurement, Shipping & Receiving, Logistics, and Fulfillment in order to support a nimble, rapidly evolving cradle-to-cradle supply chain.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual experienced the handling and transportation of Dangerous Goods. You’re organized, skilled in managing projects end-to-end, and comfortable identifying issues and communicating solutions across teams.
- Interpret dangerous goods-related regulations, and develop and update processes, procedures, and controls to ensure Supply Chain compliance.
- Provide support and technical guidance to ensure new and existing processes align with consumer hardware standards and best practices.
- Assess risks and compliance regulations for imports and exports of Dangerous Goods.
- Understand and apply UN specification and other standards related to packaging/labelling requirements for dangerous goods.
- Advise on Dangerous Goods Training Programs and proactively anticipate regulations changes.
- Actively interact with all teams to establish logistics support requirements.
- IATA Dangerous Goods Certification
- HMR Certification
- 2+ years of experience with international shipping and receiving
- Supply Chain experience and detailed knowledge from a tangible product consumer goods background
- Comfortable with identifying issues and resolving, documenting and communicating new processes
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Able to start a project, drive it and see it through to end
- MS Excel skills – able to format cells and create pivot tables and charts
- MS Word skills – formatting, footers, creating and saving files
- Familiarity with CLP/REACH/ADR/EPA Regulations a strong plus
Commitment: This is an ongoing, long-term contract position.