HireArt is looking to hire a Dangerous Goods Logistics Manager to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll manage the cross-functional support for ordering, receiving, shipping, and compliance of Dangerous Goods for the VR/AR Industry.
You'll work to follow and implement new Dangerous Goods procedures while working with Procurement, EHS, Shipping and Receiving, Logistics, and Fulfillment in order to create the fastest supply chain possible for the end user.
- Assess the risks as well as compliance regulations for imports and exports of Dangerous Goods.
- Understand and apply UN specification and other standards related to packaging/labeling requirements.
- Interpret Dangerous Goods regulations, and develop and update processes, procedures, and controls to ensure Supply Chain compliance.
- Provide Dangerous Goods support and technical guidance for new and existing processes to align with consumer hardware standards & best practices.
- Advise on Dangerous Goods Training Programs and proactively anticipate regulation changes.
- Conduct incident investigations followed by corrective actions as required.
- 2+ years of experience with international shipping and receiving
- IATA Dangerous Goods Certification
- HMR Certification
- Supply Chain experience and detailed knowledge from a tangible product consumer goods background
- Comfortable with accelerated deadlines and last minute assignments
- In-depth knowledge of HMR, ICAO/IATA, IMDG, and PHMSA laws, regulations, and ordinances governing hazardous materials shipping and storage
- Familiarity with CLP/REACH/ADR/EPA regulations a plus
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract with potential for extension.