Expected Salary$48 - $51 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Visual Effects (VFX) Artist to work on-site at our client’s Seattle office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll be working with a team dedicated to the common goal of changing the world through virtual reality. We are looking for a Visual Effects Artist who both excels in the creative side of content creation and the technical side of VFX. The ideal candidate should be excellent at problem solving and enjoy testing the new waters of VFX in VR!
- Concept, create, and implement visual effects for real time virtual reality.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on ideas and the creation process.
- Collaborate with environment artists, concept artists, designers, and engineers.
- Communicate ideas with other VFX artists and the Art Director to create and maintain artistic styles and content.
- Work to optimize effects to run efficiently at high frame rates while sustaining high visual fidelity.
- 2+ years working in game or film in the role of Visual Effects Artist
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge of a modern game engine (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Experience in basic 3D content creation in a common software package (Maya, Modo, 3ds Max)
- Node-based shader/material creation
- Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with VR VFX
- Additional knowledge of rendering pipelines/content optimization
- Proficient in Houdini and Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position based in Seattle, WA.