Expected Salary$25 - $27 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Graphic Designer to work on-site at our client’s New York City offices on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll produce designs for a variety of materials, from social media posts and e-mail blasts to signage, infographs, and workflow charts.
We’re seeking a junior Graphic Designer with experience in an agency, studio, or in-house setting. You’re comfortable working independently on multiple projects at once, and can clearly and professionally pitch design concepts to team members and stake holders. Ideally, you also have a passion for connecting the world through technology and solving community engagement issues through design.
- Collaborate with team to design and maintain posts and their overall look and feel across all social medial channels.
- Design mailers inside MailChimp.
- Design static and interactive digital banners, digital PDFs, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Design program user experience flowcharts, processes, etc.
- Design pamphlets, flyers, booklets, packets, etc.
- Design signage, promotional swag, and collateral.
- Design infographics and illustrations.
- Push strategies and concepts developed by Senior Graphic Designers to the next level through design execution.
- Work with cross-functional partners and team members to assist in design strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Communication Design or Graphic Design
- 1+ years experience in an agency, studio, or in-house setting
- Excellent design fundamental skills, including typographical and layout skills, acute attention to detail, physical prototyping mockups, presentation skills, and staying up-to-date with design trends
- Experience generating and pitching unique and creative design concepts
- Experience working independently on multiple projects at once, prioritizing to meet deadlines within short time frames
- Experience interacting in a professional and friendly manner with clients
- Experience with data collection, data input, and managing work calendars
- Ability and desire to adapt to new technologies and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS to build/maintain websites
- Prior knowledge with the volunteer, non-profit, and/or ed-tech sector is a plus
- Proficiency with video skills and the Adobe After Effects/Adobe Premiere Pro programs a plus
- Proficiency with MailChimp and Salesforce a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position based in New York, NY.