Location:Palo Alto, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$25.00 - $26.00 per hour
Schedule:9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm, five days per week
HireArt is helping our client, a leader in autonomous solutions for businesses, hire Autonomous Vehicle Operators to support testing and data collection in the Bay Area on an ongoing contract basis. We're seeking motivated individuals with a passion for technology to join our client's operations team.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you're responsible for our clients' Autonomous Vehicle platforms. You'll support transporting dry and refrigerated cargo, obtaining critical data, and fixing technical issues.
You'll be a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to engineering teams. You'll help improve groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customer needs.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you will:
- Safely operate test vehicles for up to 8 hours per day to evaluate and help improve the technology.
- Consistently make exceptional judgment calls.
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in your care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment.
- Conduct a variety of critical data collection for engineering teams using software and hardware, and communicate through multiple channels.
- Be an ambassador for the technology by communicating expertly and courteously at all times with management, engineers, and members of the public.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Customer relationship management experience
- Previous experience with autonomous vehicles
- Valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
- Able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Palo Alto, CA. Schedule is either 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm, five days per week. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.