HireArt is looking to hire a User Knowledge Operations Specialist to work on-site at our client’s Portland offices on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with teams dedicated to creating safe, reliable, and exceptional experiences for travelers and platform users around the world.
As User Knowledge Operations Specialist, you’ll educate users on safety and security measures, analyze reported fraudulent activity and identify trends, and work closely with cross-functional teams to improve internal policies and tools.
- Maintain subject matter expertise on your respective specialization.
- Educate users on how to maintain security and safety while using company platforms.
- Investigate complex situations and potential fraud surfaced in high volume queues.
- Understand risk systems and investigate account patterns through data analysis.
- Work with external product vendors to enhance proactive and reactive risk detection.
- Work with operational lead and cross-functional groups to develop and enhance internal policies and tools, such as increasing automation, updating policies, and fixing product loopholes.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience within Risk and Fraud prevention or Trust and Safety
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to balance fraud prevention alongside a positive customer experience
- Strong investigative ability and comfortable with research and due diligence
- Able to remain unbiased and demonstrate discretion throughout investigations
- Highly organized and able to remain calm in time-sensitive situations
- Availability to work early morning, evening, and weekend hours
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, etc.) a plus
- SQL, JSON, or equivalent experience with other coding languages a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Portland, OR. Weekend and evening availability may be required.