Expected Salary$32 - $36 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Audio Editor to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll own the audio editorial process and lead a team of editors to produce and manage high-quality audio files.
- Work with stakeholders to define editorial guidelines for projects.
- Edit recorded voiceovers using Pro Tools.
- Perform final audio QA before submission of deliverables.
- Manage collaborative cloud storage & hard drive backup management system.
- Use automated tools (such as A Better Finder Rename) to batch re-name files.
- Maintain & organize audio asset library, and track and manage audio assets in provided documentation tools.
- Communicate project status and overall timeline to production and project leads.
- Research and develop efficient workflows.
- Make recommendations to Sound Engineer and Voice Director on voice improvements.
- Make recommendations to cross-functional teams on processing improvements.
- Experience editing in Pro Tools (10 or later preferred)
- Proven experience with detailed dialog editing
- Deep understanding of audio requirements for passable voice audio takes
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify issues and errors in voice performance, including (but not limited to) plosives, distortion, and external noise
- Experience with writing and maintaining project documentation
- Ability to build on existing processes and define new ones as needed
- Strong communication skills, with a willingness to give and receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility to work and meet sudden deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Commitment: This is a 3-month contract with an opportunity for extension.