Location:Los Altos, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$30.00 - $36.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is looking to hire a Map Annotation Operator to work on-site at Toyota Research Institute’s (TRI) Los Altos location on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with Autonomous Driving Localization and Mapping teams to develop accurate, scalable, and semantic maps of the world.
The Toyota Research Institute (TRI) is an R&D enterprise designed to bridge the gap between fundamental research and product development. It has been launched with mandates to (1) enhance the safety of automobiles, with the ultimate goal of creating a car that is incapable of causing a crash; (2) increase access to cars to those who otherwise cannot drive, including those with disabilities and the elderly; (3) help translate outdoor mobility technology into products for indoor mobility; and (4) accelerate scientific discovery by applying techniques from artificial intelligence and machine learning. Toyota believes artificial intelligence has significant potential to improve the quality of life for all people, bringing ease, comfort and safety to all aspects of life.
TRI's Autonomous Driving Localization and Mapping team is developing accurate, scalable, and semantic maps of the world. We are looking for motivated individuals with a passion for autonomous vehicle technology to join the Mapping Annotation Operations Team. Mapping Annotation Operators will be responsible for creating and maintaining high definition maps for autonomous vehicles.
- Use in-house tools for annotating and labeling maps, images, and other assets
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgement that requires minimal supervision throughout the work day in order to thrive in a fast paced, high stress environments
- Use internal tools for managing progress of labeling for various assets
- Report and document issues with tools and labeled assets to mapping team lead
- Provide feedback for improvements to existing tooling that can increase annotation throughput and quality
- Have the ability to travel outside the primary location of hire
- Build high definition maps with proprietary software
- Develop and improve operational pipeline
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with different teams
- Develop and train operators on new tools and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting with the ability to utilize proprietary tools
- Preferred, not required
- Experience using python, terminal scripts, and git
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position through HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. Domestic and international travel may be required.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/