Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$84.00 - $103.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:3 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a 3D Technical Artist to research, design, and create prototypes for augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR).
In this role, you will build and enhance prototyping platforms in partnership with other prototypers and technical teams, and present them to stakeholders—connecting all the seams and working hand-and-hand with your team to see what is working/missing. The ideal candidate will have a great eye for design as well as UI/UX.As 3D Technical Artist, you will:
- Research, design, and create interactive prototypes.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to build and enhance prototyping platforms.
- Set up and maintain prototypes, presenting them to various audiences.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback to cross-functional partners to improve the quality of the product.
- Partner effectively with product managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to post-launch design support.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product, and Executive teams.
- Create product-ready assets for rapid, internal testing and external release.
- Advocate for product design throughout the company.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required to be considered for this role
- Experience with real-time 3D development
- Strong programming ability in one or more languages (e.g. C#, C/C++, Python, or Java)
- Experience with AR/VR and game development
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, and problem solving ability
- Strong ability to visualize in 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design
- Previous experience creating layouts and generating new images
- Expert problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with Figma is a big plus
Commitment: This is a full-time, 3-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in New York, NY. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen and is open to candidates local to the New York Metro area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or hire corp-to-corp.