Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s fastest-growing rideshare company find a Streaming Data Engineer to help build and support the myriad real-time demands of the business. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in streaming and real-time applications.
As Streaming Data Engineer, you will:
- Work side-by-side with other senior engineers and independently drive projects from inception, specification, to execution.
- Design and own the way real-time data is consumed, stored, and shared with the entirety of the company.
- Build and operate large-scale distributed systems, such as Beam, Flink, or Kafka.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge, including open-source projects.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, math, physics, or another technical field
- 5+ years of experience in streaming and real-time applications
- Experience in streaming platforms (Beam/Flink) and distributed messaging (Kafka, Kinesis, or similar)
- Understanding of distributed system concepts and principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.