HireArt is looking to hire a Program Manager, Design Operations to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll be responsible for running programs and applying just the right amount of process for Design teams to thrive.
Partnering closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, and business leaders, you’ll help drive design priorities through seamless day-to-day operations and strong stakeholder alignment, with an eye towards scale and efficiency.
We’re seeking candidates that understand how to drive results in a hyper-dynamic product design org. With a strong appreciation for the practice and process of design, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful product.
You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You also bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and deal with solving the “how,” while freeing up design lead peers to focus on crafting the “what.”
- Design, organize and lead end-to-end delivery of cross-functional projects that impact the entire Design organization.
- Evaluate organizational and business needs and proactively opportunities to simplify structures and processes that accelerate the business.
- Plan and define project milestones, timelines, and resourcing.
- Lead working group meetings, resolving issues and dependencies with key partners.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings including preparing agendas, keeping conversations on-track and establishing action items and owners.
- Drive communication structures, project templates and meeting cadences for Design team.
- Establish and run departmental and executive-level metrics to assess performance and track impact of programs and initiatives.
- Use relevant information to drive decision making, and use data to surface ideas on how something can be improved.
- Craft project status reporting and executive briefings to update senior leaders on program/project performance.
- Own internal communications, maintaining content of the Design department intranet, newsletters, etc.
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with external contractors and agencies, including contract execution and financial reporting.
- Develop key relationships and provide a point of contact for partner teams such as Brand, Legal, Finance and Recruiting.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years Program Management, Project Management or Operations experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements and project manage large, complex, strategic and operational initiatives
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and product teams
- Analytical and problem solving experience, combined with business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate clear and open communication and collaboration across all levels of the organization.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in San Francisco, CA.