Location:Ann Arbor, MI
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with occasional over time
HireArt is helping TRI hire motivated individuals with a passion for technology to join their Driving Operations Team. As Vehicle Operation Specialist, you'll be responsible for TRI’s autonomous vehicle platforms on various public and private roads while obtaining data and fixing technical issues.
As a specialist within Driving Operations, you're a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to our engineering team aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology.
- Maintain Toyota's high standard of safety, inside and outside of the vehicles.
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in his/her care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment.
- Conduct a variety of critical data collection for our engineering teams using complex proprietary software and hardware, and communicate through multiple channels.
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgment that requires minimal supervision throughout the workday in order to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Be an ambassador for the technology by communicating professionally and courteously at all times with management, engineers, and members of the public.
- Have the ability to travel outside of the primary location of hire, with occasional extended travel periods of time, as the project demands change.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and provide training and mentorship to inexperienced drivers.
- Maintain, organize and distribute operational documents to relevant team members.
- Valid US driver's license with at least 7 years of driving experience with a clean driving record
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting with the ability to utilize proprietary tools
- Must be able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions, including snow
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
- 1+ years of autonomous driving experience is preferred, but not required
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs. Additionally, the Vehicle Operations Specialist should expect to spend approximately four to six hours inside the vehicle on a daily basis.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), ongoing, long-term contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Ann Arbor, MI. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training. Occasional extended travel time may be required.HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.