Expected Pay Rate:$75.00 - $85.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Systems Integration Engineer to create software to test, develop, and troubleshoot custom hardware as part of the technology that makes AR/VR universal. The ideal candidate has 5+ years’ C++ experience as well as experience working with custom hardware development and prototyping.
As Systems Integration Engineer, you will:
- Develop early bring-up applications for custom hardware and systems at early prototype stage and, later, custom turn-ons.
- Design proof-of-operation applications that demonstrate hardware functionality.
- Build board support packages (BSPs) for embedded microcontrollers and custom hardware.
- Write clean, readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly, and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
- Support the debugging and testing of new hardware platforms.
- Maintain applications over time for continuous testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- Firmware experience on microcontrollers
- Driver interfaces to hardware peripherals (e.g. UARTs, QSPI, DSC, D-PHY, DSI, etc.)
- Experience with Windows/Linux systems-level C++ development and interfacing to custom hardware through defined APIs
- Python scripting for automation
- Experience with source control systems like Git, Mercurial, or Subversion
- Continuous integration systems like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience working with custom hardware development and prototyping
- RISC-V firmware experience
- Windows/Linux kernel-level driver development
- Experience with one or more low-level graphics frameworks, such as DirectX, Vulkan, or OpenGL
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.