Expected Pay Rate:$64.00 - $73.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find an AR Technical Artist to join its Creative Engineering team. As a member of this team, you will support the creation of 1st-party augmented reality (AR) content and experiences across various products. You will also work cross-collaboratively with other teams, namely product and engineering, to optimize AR content in real-time for billions of users worldwide.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree or work experience in a relevant field and substantive background in content authoring softwares and pipelines, namely with a focus on real-time products such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, Unity, Unreal Engine. They will also have experience in procedural artwork and content generation.
As an AR Technical Artist, you will:
- Partner with the engineering and design teams to define and develop first-party AR content.
- Design, manage, and maintain the product pipeline, from artists and designers through to deployment.
- Optimize content by enhancing product performance and instructing the artists/designers on best practices regarding asset creation, modeling, and texturing.
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks.
- Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads from other teams.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 4 + years experience working in a real-time product environment, such as video games/mobile games, virtual reality
- Experience working with procedural artwork and content generation
- Solid understanding of computer graphics pipeline
- Experience working with shaders, either in written form (e.g. GLSL/HLSL), or in visual shading (e.g. Substance Designer)
- Expertise in content authoring softwares and pipelines, with focus on real-time products such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, Unity, Unreal Engine
- Expertise in game profiling and optimization techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts in a simple manner
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in self-motivated environments
- Educational background or demonstrated experience in computer science fields
- Functional and reactive programming experience
- Experience in authoring in Spark AR platform
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Burlingame, CA. Candidates must be local to the area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.