Expected Pay Rate:$60.00 - $67.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:2 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find an Optical Software Engineer to design and build up software tools for data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in data analysis as well as in-depth knowledge of Matlab, Python, or an equivalent programming tool.
As Optical Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and build software tools associated with surface metrology, generation and device control, and light source characterization.
- Design and build software for control of motion systems.
- Work with optical fabrication team to improve/debug existing software tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or physics
- 5+ years experience in data analysis and processing for engineering applications
- In-depth knowledge of Matlab, Python, or equivalent programming tools
- Familiarity with Matlab app designer tools
- Strong mathematics background and grasp of three-dimensional surface modeling
- Familiarity with optics laboratory hardware and motion control
- Familiarity with LabView and C++
- Understanding of parallel computing on clusters using Python
- General understanding of optics and image analysis
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 2-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.